Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall Break Adventures

Our Fall break was the week of Henley's debut. We travelled to Chattanooga with various stops along the way to visit family and friends. Many people drove and flew great distances to meet Miss Henley.



It was a winning weekend in the Fox household. My brother, "BIG Gavin Fox," plays high school football, and he had a big game last weekend. They played their longtime rival, and won after going into overtime. It was a very exciting game that, sadly, Henley had to miss. MeMaw and PawPaw babysat Henley, and I'm sure MeMaw and Henley shared lots of secrets. Unbelievably, the same weekend UT beat Georgia which in our family is a big deal! Henley was dressed in her favorite orange outfit for the big day. Maybe it was good luck.


Uncle Gavin, Henley, and Poppy enjoy the weekend victories.



My Aunt Linda drove in all the way from South Carolina to meet Miss Henley. We had such a great time playing with Henley and watching football all weekend!


Henley Meets her Great-Grandparents!

I think my Grandmother come the farthest to meet Henley. She came all the way from the Florida Keys! Henley enjoyed spending the week with her Great-Grandma!


My Mom, Aunt Teresa, Henley, and Grandma (But, now Great-Grandma)


We drove through White Bluff, TN so Henley could meet Justin's Grandfather. He is so funny, and said he would "whoop" Henley if she was bad.

Henley with "Old PawPaw"


Henley and I drove to Atlanta to meet Stella B! She is so beautiful! She is 3 weeks younger than Henley, so they were instant friends. Ada and I took the girls to eat dinner, and they were perfect. When I say "perfect" that means they slept through everything. It was hilarious putting the car seats in the back of my parents tiny Prius. Unfortunately, the end of the visit wasn't so perfect. Henley had a small crying fit before we left (as seen in picture), and poor, little Stella didn't know what to think of her new friend. She was so sweet, and I don't think I heard her make a peep. We still had a wonderful time, and I hope we can do it more often in the future.




Henley even got to meet all of her cousins. Justin's brother's family drove in from Johnson City, and they have very busy schedules with four kids, so it was so great to see them. MeMaw and PawPaw are the proud grandparents of SEVEN grandchildren, so family gatherings are very exciting! MeMaw had lots of fun activities for the kids, including painting pumpkins, visiting the zoo, and taking a fun ride on land and water through downtown Chattanooga. Henley wasn't quite old enough to participate in the activities, but she really enjoyed meeting all of her cousins!


From left to right: John, Luke, PawPaw, Jancey, Blake, Riley, Peyton, MeMaw, and Henley



Thank you to everyone who made our visit so fun for Henley!

8 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Casey! She is SO pretty!!! I am SO jealous I wasn't there to hang out with you, Ada, and your pretty little girls! Will would have been in heaven with all the ladies! I am glad you guys had so much fun with your families. Your mom's sisters look so much alike! Talk to you soon!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It was great to see you and Henley last Sunday at church! She is so cute and you looked great too! Hope that everything is going well!

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Hadfields said...

That's wonderful that you got to see so many people in such a short period of time! I bet it makes you wish you were closer!! :( Henley is adorable!!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! Amy's right...it would be great if you lived closer! I still can't get over Gavin! Talk to you soon!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Katie Land said...

I love the post! I definitely got the reference!!! HAHA- I laughed out loud. Henley is getting huge. see you soon!

5:13 PM  
Blogger lyla said...

ADORABLE pictures! i was so sad that i didn't get to hang out with you longer--that should teach me a lesson about driving too fast :(
i am so glad you stayed with us--i wanted SO badly to post about your visit, but the picture i took of henley by herself didn't turn out good, and the one with you and her both had a threat attached to it--remember? she is beautiful and i'm so glad i got to see her and cuddle her while she was still a tiny little baby--they get big so fast. i love you guys! see you soon!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Precious. I can't believe I still haven't seen her. I am dying to come by one day when you are off.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had so much fun hanging out with you all. You are going to have to move closer so we can see you more often. She is so precious, and you are both great parents!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home