Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hurry Here Henley...


Uncle Gavin, Aunt Taylor, Henley, Momma

So i suppose this is a little delayed...but I still wanted to drop in and share with all of you my little.. poetic pursuit , i suppose you could call it, since i am no poet by any stretch of the imagination. Although, there are many opportunities to explore new hobby-horizons when one has a spare 14 hours of waiting room confinement, which somehow manages to draw itself into an eternity. especially when added to the 9 long months you've already been patiently anticipating the birth of your brand new niece! Anyhow, while trying to suppress my peaked excitement and anxious jitters, tightly gripping the plastic arms of the chair into which i had seemingly rooted myself, within this restless room of weary waiting-ones....i decided to deflect my hyper-mode mind and preserve any remaining patience by spilling my present flow of thoughts to a piece of paper. it was to be in honor of our stubborn, and at that time, still unborn little henley...

"Hurry Here Henley..."

Hurry Here Henley
Anticipation's on the rise!
Ready and waiting to hear your first cries...
to look and see your mom and dad in your eyes

A head of red or blonde, or black hair... or will it be bare?
Whatever it is, nobody will care...
for upon you, our proud eyes will widen and stare.

Like our divine delivery: An angelic sight...
a radiant beam of heavenly light.
We're all still sitting, waiting to snuggle you tight.
No teeth yet..so at least you won't bite!
We're soon to know that when God made you Henley, he got everything right.

...Well I guess your fine parents' genes played a role too.
I'll bet when you waddle about, you'll make the baby boys coo!

So can't we hear a little giggle?...even just a boo-hoo?
We'll just keep on hoping you'll be here real soon!

So hurry here Henley! our patience runs thin...
wanna bask in the gleam of your sweet, toothless grin!
Tell me, when will life with our new little lady begin?

Before long you'll be talkin'
...and next then you'll be walkin'!

Soccer balls you'll be kickin'?
...or is it record-time laps you'll be swimmin'?
Either way, hearts of many you'll be-a-winnin'!

I'm ready to travel the many miles...
just thinkin' of you brings me many big smiles.
...even if I have to change some big diaper piles...

One day soon, I'll look down at a pool,
of your cute baby drool..
and as another dribble falls, on down to the floor...
I know you'll be one we'll forever adore!

Sending you endless love, for your big future in store!
...hurry here.

-your Auntie Taylor



Soo...Finally she came! and luckily my dad and I had a few minutes to witness her after the glorious, long awaited arrival! I'm so proud of Casey and Justin, i can already tell they will be amazing parents!
I love all three of you and i'm so excited to be a new aunt of a perfect wee-beauty, I can't wait to watch her, and her personality, grow!

7 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Awwww, that is great! Taylor is so talented! You should have it printed and framed! Hope you are doing well!

6:28 PM  
Blogger The Hadfields said...

I second Courtney's comment. Hope you're feeling okay. You sure look great in the pics. :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is nothing like the love of an aunt...they're sort of like grandparents cause they get to spoil you, but for some reason (in my experience) they have the added benefit of helping you get away with things that should get you in trouble and they teach you tricks about hiding your vegetables and such. What an incredible aunt Taylor is going to be. Love the poem.

11:51 AM  
Blogger lyla said...

taylor is a FOX! and when did gavin turn into a guy? wow. last time i was at your house, gavin was a little kid! that is the sweetest poem--henley is lucky to have such a sweet aunt!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

How sweet! Henley is lucky to have such a talented Aunt! Hope that you are enjoying your time with Henley!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Blessed said...

So sweet. She seems very talented! Sweet picture, too!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Heather B Mc said...

Seriously, I have not seen your brother or sister in years. That is crazy. I guess they both became adults since I saw them last and I am guessing you and Taylor probably get along better now than what I remember. Love the poem!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home