Monday, October 22, 2007

2 Months

After 2 months, Henley continues to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen, even when she cries for an hour straight. Justin and I still stare at our little miracle in awe of her cuteness.

Henley had her 2 month check-up last week, and the Doctor said everything looked great. I really don't know how she was able to examine her, because she cried the entire time. She is 75th percentile for length and 50-75th for weight. She got her first shots, and she cried so hard that there was actually no sound coming out of her mouth. It was pitiful.I can already tell she is going to be a tomboy, because she detests being dressed up. Every time I try to get a photo of her all fancied up she just won't have it. She just refuses to smile while wearing a dress (as shown in above picture). This could pose a problem for me, considering I planned on putting a dress on her everyday even to go to the grocery. That's just the way I am.
Her current favorite hobby is playing on her mat. She loves seeing herself in the mirror and watching the light, flickering star that plays music. But, I think she is most at ease just chillin' on her changing table and looking around the room. At the moment, her best trick is rolling from her stomach to her back. Our stubborn, little sweetheart mastered this trick in pure hatred of "tummy time." Sometimes, I feel like she talks back to me when I talk to her in a very, HIGH pitched voice, which I never thought I would do. I guess many people would call this a "coo."

All I can say is--She makes us so proud!

12 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

She is so cute. I think she is starting to look more and more like you. This is such a fun time. You sound just like my sister with the dress thing. She doesn't take her little girl anywhere without being all dressed up.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Henley is so cute! That is so funny that she does not like dresses. I guess that she will get used to them, or you will have one fussy little girl on your hands!!HA! Anyways, glad to hear that she is doing well! Congrats on a beautiful little girl!

9:46 PM  
Blogger The Shirley's said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 AM  
Blogger The Shirley's said...

she is 2 months old and already has fashion sense, she truly is your child. I love to hear the way you talk about her. It is so neat to see how having a baby changes people. Plus you better stop saying "you'll never" do something. Henley will get you to do stuff you never thought in a million years you would ever do or say. Barney is a key example. If she likes the stupid purple dinasour then you like the stupid purple dinasour. Its crazy!:)I am still waiting to see that picture of you looking just like Henley.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Henley is so precious - and the picture of her sitting in the chair looks more like you than Justin! I hate that we haven't gotten together with you guys yet - where do the hours go??? Both Ethan and Nina's favorite place is the changing table - it's like magic or something! Blink again and you'll be planning her 1st birthday party! Enjoy!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

I love how you talk about being a mom. It is great! She is precious! Enjoy every minute!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Isn't seeing them get shots awful? They are just laying there smiling, playing with you (and the mean ol' nurse), then BAM - pain and screams....so sad. Those are such cute pictures of her, I love the black and white with that sweet little smile. I absolutely cannot wait to meet her this weekend!!!:)

2:22 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

Ahh! I'm way behind on blogs. I can't believe she rolled over and I can't believe she is two months old already! She is just beautiful.

I just got your message about being in town. We were and we'll be here this coming weekend as well. Let's get together soon.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey, she is growing so quickly! I can't believe it. I wish I could come this weekend and see her again, and you! She is so cute. It's funny you say she's a tomboy b/c I have a fear of Stella being a prisspot. What will I do?...I'll call you!:)

4:55 PM  
Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

She gets prettier each time I check in on you guys. The dress in the top picture is so sweet.

7:52 PM  
Blogger The Hadfields said...

She would make me proud too, she is adorable!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Heather B Mc said...

Brooks never ever liked tummy time. Matthew quickly became in charge of tummy time bc Brooks cried so much I just could not make myself put him in a position that I knew would cause screaming. I love the pic of her smiling on her playmat.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home