Monday, July 23, 2007

My Very, Very Late "100"

I was tagged about 1 year ago to do a list of 100 about myself. I had computer issues and lost my original list.
Here it is. I apologize for any typos, but I really don't want to go back through and check it.

1) Too much pressure…
2) I love Star Wars (I bet you would never think that). It’s on right now.
3) My therapy is gardening. I love potting small plants and watching them grow. I could spend all day at nursery.
4) I’m nervous I won’t be a good mom, but I know my husband will be an incredible dad.
5) I HAVE ROAD RAGE!
6) I read magazines from back to front.
7) I wonder if I was meant for another profession, not pharmacy.
8) I’m the oldest sibling, but actually I’m considered an only child because I’m seven years older then my younger sib.
9) I like being a redhead, except for the pale skin and freckles.
10) I lack self confidence.
11) I have insomnia at least every 4 weeks for no reason.
12) I love aeroboxing, but I haven’t done it in 6 months.
13) In middle school, I wanted to be an art curator.
14) In high school, I wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic. I know, I know- everyone wants to do that.
15) When I was little, I called broccoli little trees, and I only ate the leaves.
16) I am terrified of praying out loud.
17) Varicose veins make me light headed.
18) I worry about what people think.
19) I have a problem with judgmental people.
20) I like to be alone sometimes- especially for 30 minutes after I get home from work.
21) The first thing I do when I get home is take off my pants.
22) I love seeing Justin in a soccer uniform. That’s when he’s the sexiest.
23) He is too good to me.
24) I have become a total neat freak as I have gotten older.
25) I am independent, but I haven’t always been.
26) I regret not taking my swimming in high school more serious. Who knows I could have been really good.
27) I love Mexican food.
28) I spend way too much money on clothes- I seriously have a problem.
29) Some of my favorite musicians are Van Morrison, Patsy Cline, and Nina Simone.
30) I can’t believe I’m almost 30!
31) “I love to dance”- Girls Just Wanna have Fun, SJP
32) I don’t read enough, but I read celebrity magazines all the time. I’m not proud of this one.
33) I love entertaining.
34) I have a big nose, but I’ll keep it because it’s the same nose my Dad as.
35) I had a “blanky” up until college, and it had holes in it from my “nu, nuing.” It was yellow gingham, and my Mom made it. I still miss it.
36) I listen to golden oldies on my way to work.
37) I have an indention on my butt where I got bit by a dog when I was little.
38) I’m always late.
39) I love arranging fresh cut flowers.
40) I crave Strawberry Shortcake from Houston’s!
41) I worry about crazy things all the time, for instance my ultrasound today at 4pm.
42) I once pumped kerosene in my car instead of gas. I will never live this down.
43) I can’t leave home without mascara, and you wouldn’t want me to.
44) I have old lady hands.
45) I’m jealous of my sister’s artistic ability.
46) I don’t like candles that smell of food.
47) I’m high strung and tend to over react. Thanks, Mom.
48) I love stationery- cards, notes, etc.
49) I like books and movies set in older time periods. Those are the most romantic.
50) I have terrible motion sickness- I can’t even sit in the back seat of a car. It is not in my head.
51) I hate tattoos, but my husband has one.
52) I hope I raise a confident young woman with many aspirations for her life.
53) I went to an all female high school, and I wore a uniform. I loved every bit of it.
54) I have a short temper, and I have no patience.
55) I love seer sucker.
56) I used to get migraines so bad that all I could see was a “halo.” I don’t really get them anymore- thank goodness. I have an appreciation for people who suffer from these.
57) I am very impatient. Did I already say that?
58) I am what some would call anal- retentive, but I like to call it “particular.”
59) I enjoy going to the movies. There is something reminiscent about sitting in front of that big screen and eating popcorn.
60) I’m so excited about having a baby. It is consuming me these days- lately it is all I think about.
61) I have very, very curly hair, but I straighten it every day.
62) I think the Chi flat iron is the greatest invention ever! I wish it had existed in high school.
63) I wish someone had told me in high school that red heads need to wear mascara.
64) My favorite days are spent outdoors.
65) I wish I was more active in volunteering and helping the community. I feel like it is something I need to work on.
66) I love tomatoes.
67) I have a very expressive face, and I already have crow’s feet and laugh lines.
68) I think my husband is a good man that I respect very much.
69) He makes me laugh because he is so goofy.
70) The first thing I notice when I meet someone is their teeth.
71) I hate standing in long lines.
72) My favorite days are spent outside.
73) I take 20 minutes showers, sometimes.
74) I work well under pressure, but I tend to procrastinate.
75) I drool.
76) I’ve been told I have a “ghetto booty.”
77) I think McDonald’s has the best fries, but Justin thinks Burger King’s are the most consistent.
78) I love going to open houses especially in old neighborhoods.
79) I have had so many speeding tickets that I have almost had my license taken away. Thanks for taking care of me- Chris Lareau!
80) I prefer to shop alone.
81) I am nervous about childbirth.
82) But, I am more nervous about being a Mother.
83) I didn’t have a “first kiss” until I was in the 10th grade.
84) I love decorating.
85) I love taking pictures, and I’m looking forward to many pictures of Henley.
86) I am not a fan of lazy people with no work ethic.
87) I got up to pee 6 times lastnight!!
88) I like to pick at things- use your imagination…
89) I used to think I loved animals, but now I just get frustrated with the hair and filth. I do love our dog, Mae, though.
90) Is anyone really going to read this forever, long list?
91) I say the same pray every night before I go to bed.
92) I would love to run a marathon before I die.
93) I am terrified of the day when either one of my parents becomes ill.
94) I can’t imagine my life without any one of my family members not around. I get emotional just thinking about it.
95) My husband is my very best friend.
96) But, we don’t have to be together at all times.
97) I don’t look forward to aging, but I do look forward to growing old with Justin.
98) I hope we have a boy, too.
99) I hope to travel more in the future.
100) I realize that I have a very, rich and blessed life that I know will only get better with a baby.


If anyone still reads my blog- I tag Katie, Ashley, Kate Lareau, Angie, and Carrie P.

36th Week Photo




17 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

Girl, you look so stinkin' cute in that picture!! I love your outfit, I love Henley's room, and I love your list! OK, so you tagged me. I'll try to get on that one...it may take me awhile, but I'll try to do it.

You have NOTHING to be nervous about. I know you are going to be a great mom. It is hard at first, but so worth it, and it DOES get easier all the time. :) And, Colt needs a little girlfriend! He can't wait to meet Henley. He knows she is going to be a knockout!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

You look great! Girl, I'm with you on the old lady hands-it must be a red head, freckle thing! :)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so good and the nursery is beautiful! I could've decorated 10 nurseries, it was so hard to choose! I can't wait to see your lovely little girl, and then ours just a couple of weeks later. Not long now . . . .

8:48 AM  
Blogger Katie Land said...

Maybe this is why i havn't talked to you in a couple of days... You have been busy being tagged. I of course don't understand being tagged!!! What questions am I supposed to answer? HAHAHA!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger The Hadfields said...

You look great and we have alot in common!! I loved reading your list!!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

You look precious! I love that your belly is getting bigger!!! Oh my goodness, 4 weeks left! Maybe less...You are right, you can't live down the kerosine incident. I will never forget that trip to Chattanooga. Ha!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey, you look gorgeous! You look a lot like taylor in that photo. Your belly is really starting to grow! I can't wait to see Henley! Hope you're feeling ok.

10:56 AM  
Blogger angie c said...

You look awesome and I love, love the nursery. Most elegant nursery ever. Can't wait for her to come!

10:40 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

Oh, and I did my 100.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the list. Especially the deep thoughts on french fries. Maybe I'll include my deep thoughts on food/soda pairings. I'll probably do mine at work sometime in the next few days, since I'm on coast now. Last full time day - Aug. 15! Wooo hooo!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

First: I've been bitten on the butt by a dog too. (I have no dimple to prove it.)

Second: I just got the Chi and LOVE it!!! (What product do you use with it?)

Third: If you have no wrinkle between your brow, it will begin when you have a child. Every time they fall down & your worried, or if you have to give them a mean "no" look, it only makes it worse!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Amanda Conley said...

I don't know if I know you, you look VERY familiar (did you go to Lipscomb?) But i loved your list. I love reading random facts about people. I can't believe you straighten your hair every day! As a person who also has extremely curly hair I know how time consuming that is!! I'm impressed. Also, your crib is gorgeous!!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger lyla said...

casey!!!! i can finally comment on your blog!!! your nursery is absolutely gorgeous and you look great! i loved your 100 list--although there are a few things i can think of to add to it...
i want to come see you but we have something every weekend (for kristin's wedding)until you are supposed to have henley--do you want me to come stay with you guys for a couple of weeks after the baby is born? ha ha...
but seriously, i may try to come up during a week in august--would that maybe work?
love you--
lyla

12:20 AM  
Blogger Heather B Mc said...

You look really great and I am glad you waited to do your 100 bc I was tired of reading all of them even though I wanted too read everyone's. It was nice to have a break from them. My list will be out in a couple of weeks. Gingham, made me laugh, you are for sure a spaz, warning, not very much alone time after a baby (unless they take good naps),last comment I REALLY LOVED YOUR CURLY RED HAIR.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I enjoyed your list too & you are looking so cute! Best wishes these last few weeks!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you still alive? i've been trying to call to check on you. and yes, the heat is making things a little miserable. only 2 weeks! i can't believe it. hope you're doing ok and not having to work too much. take care!

7:19 PM  
Blogger lyla said...

Casey! you are getting so close! i heard you are dilated--that's so exciting! call me--i'm dying to talk to you. i'm keeping you in my prayers that everything will go great. love you!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home