Monday, June 18, 2007

In Good Company

In the past two weeks, I have realized how wonderful and supportive my friends are. I am way behind with the blogging!

Two weekends ago, my friend Courtney and her baby, Will, came for a short visit! It is amazing how many years have gone by, yet our friendship has stayed the same. We could have fun and laugh in a cardboard box. We were roommates in college, and I do miss those girly times of just hanging out around the house and talking about nothing. I hope we still act silly when we are 50! Anyways, her son is precious! He has the most gorgeous blue eyes- just like his Mom! He was so good- we even got to shop, eat, and even relax! It made me so excited about the arrival of Henley. It's funny because I thought that it would make me nervous, but I really think Justin and I are ready. Of course, I have no pics to show, but we had a great time.

I worked with another pharmacist this week, and he reminded of what type of pharmacist I should strive and want to be. At work, I have had a bad attitude for the past few weeks. I have had a hard time putting a smile on my face, and just be nice to people. Do you ever feel like a smile hurts? Well, I told him about how hard it is to just be nice sometimes, and he said, "well, it can really go a long way." This phrase almost knocked me down. I needed to hear this so badly. This simple phrase is all I really needed- I think I may have found my smile again.

This past weekend, I had a girly shower in Memphis. My Mom drove in from Chattanooga all by herself, which was so sweet because she just had hip replacement a couple of weeks ago. What wonderful friends I have! I hope everyone feels as much love and affection from their friends as I do. I really don't know where to begin. I just want everyone that was involved to know how thankful I am. I will post pictures and give details tomorrow. Too tired tonight...

Maybe I'm just emotional today, but I felt compelled to share how truly blessed I feel to have such incredible family and friends in my life!

8 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

It's the hormones...just kidding! So many people love you Casey, you can always put a smile on my face! I think you really feel the love at special times in your life like when having a child, it can be emotionally overwhelming. Do your 100 things, you were tagged by Carrie. Talk to you soon!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Yes, 100 things...Chop, Chop! I haven't checked to see if anyone else posted yet! Anyway, glad you've been having fun travels. Enjoy them now! I have no memory of you & Courtney being roomates - thought you were roomates w/heather!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

This post is sweet. You have so many friends because you are such an amazing friend to all. I have enjoyed getting to know you better the past few years. I am really looking forward to meeting Henley. She is going to be the cutest little girl around, I just know it. And, she's going to be so well dressed!

You also have so many TALENTED friends!!! I was amazed at what so many people made you! I left feeling so UNTALENTED! ; - O

Oh, I'm for sure coming to see the nursery when it's finished. I know that it's going to be AMAZING after seeing your bedding. Are you going to post any pics?

10:33 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

Casey,
I need to come by and see the cute gifts you got. I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting for yours to come in.

I'm sorry I missed the shower. It's not long now, then little pictures of Henley will be filling your blog!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jesse Faris said...

What a fun shower that was! I, too, struggle with having a bad attitude at work sometimes. (And that doesn't jive with my workplace--church!) Sometimes we all need a reminder of the big picture and how much we're blessed. You are going to be a great mom, Casey. I feel blessed to call you my friend!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Casey,

I found your blog through a connection of many blogs. I think you are a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend! :) Janice told us in April that you were expecting and we are so happy for you! You look beautiful and radiant! Enjoy this time! Feel free to visit our blog anytime! We will keep a look out for you at church whenever you're in town.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Amanda's News said...

I hate that I missed your shower. Carrie told me you got so many cute things! I can't wait for you to post pictures of the shower and the nursery!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Casey...loved the shower, thanks for inviting me. I know you make all of your patients/customers (?) feel so special. It's hard dealing with the "general public" sometimes, FOR SURE. But, you're right, a smile does go a long way... You are going to be a great mommy!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home