Friday, March 23, 2007

La Vida Buena

Translation: The Good Life

Well, it was for at least a week!



This is the beginning of my much needed Spanish lesson. Who knew French and German would be so pointless?



I have been out of the loop for a while because we have been in Playa del Carmen, Mexico for a full week. It was an incredible and relaxing vacation- thanks to our good friends Katie and Ed.

"Mis Amigos"











The resort was goregous, and the website was not lying or giving false hopes (http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/PlayacarPalace). The food was delicious, and those of you who really know me know how picky I am. But, I don't think I will eat guacomole and chips for at least another year.


The guys enjoyed golfing and scuba diving. Hands off ladies these men are taken...











While, Katie and I were treated like royalty in the spa. Margharita, a very sweet Mexican lady, took care of us, but didn't quite master the camera. Hence, the crooked picture... I had to show it!


Katie is my long lost sister or "doppleganger". Everyone thought we were sisters, and we didn't correct them. The whole reason we met was because people kept telling us about each other! I always wanted a twin sister, and I guess in some ways I have one. We have alot of fun together, and now I can't imagine not knowing her.

Mi Hermana...My Sister



Vacation is so great because it makes work bearable. Not that I hate work, but I needed to be refreshed. Do you know what I mean? This picture says it all...




What do you consider a vacation? Where is your favorite getaway spot?

15 Comments:

Blogger Blessed said...

Casey,

I LOVE this post!!! I loved hearing about your trip and seeing your great pics! Makes me want to go back to Mexico. We went on our honeymoon 5 years ago! I especially love the picture of Justin relaxing and the one of you and Katie at the end. You really do look like sisters in that one!

We love to go to Destin to relax and are actually going really soon, with a newborn! There probably won't be much relaxing this time around!

4:02 PM  
Blogger The Hadfields said...

Okay, so what are you talking about, you ARE glowing!! You look great Casey! Glad you had a fun vacation...looks awesome and I am definately one very jealous girl.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Katie Land said...

I love the post!!!! You did a great job capturing it all. I love how you added the crooked pic. It made me tear up... There will be many many more memories in Mexico!!! I love you!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

How much fun. We're going to Playa del Carmen in a few weeks, and I'm so excited!!! You are a cute, barely-pregnant-looking-mom-to-be!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

ohhhh. Those pictures make me ache for a vacation! Glad y'all had fun and you look beee-utiful!!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I loved the "hands off ladies" part. You are a nut! You better take down that picture of Justin before anyone from Boyd sees it!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Weird, you two do look like sisters. I never thought that before. Great pictures! WHATEVER you look great! You don't even look pregnant. I can maybe tell you have a little tummy in the swimsuit photo, it's so cute! I am glad you guys had so much fun, it is gorgeous there!!! We have a picture of Michael in snorkeling gear in Mexico, its a "hands off ladies" picture too, hilarious.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

no way - you know Rickie Lee Jones?! I'm feeling a bond!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda's News said...

It looks like you guys had a fun vacation! You do look great too! By the way do you know the sex yet???

2:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Okay... We have to go there! It's beautiful. I'm going to take the web address down and put it in a safe place!You look great!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

You girls do look like sisters, wow! Glad you all had a great time together!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Casey,
I found your blog too and have been looking at it, I'm just lazy with the commenting. It is so much fun to catch up on old college friends' lives. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Oh and I feel your pain with the boob thing. That happened to me too. I would NEVER want implants after having those big boobs. I was so glad when they finally went down (over a year or so later)! They will get even bigger when your milk comes in! Good luck with your pregancy!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that looks sooooo wonderful!! We have just completed our move to TX and my husband promised me a vacation in the 2nd trimester, so hopefully we'll be going somewhere wonderful soon. I'm 17 weeks now and I still just feel fat (but you look fabulous, by the way). Sometimes, at the end of the day, it starts to round out and look pregnant. And yesterday as I was getting into the shower, my husband made a comment about my boobs being "really big, almost too big". Gee thanks. I've started wearing some maternity clothes, and that helps make me feel more pregnant than fat.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Casey - You and Katie do look a lot alike. That's neat. I still picture you with red curls, but you are beautiful both ways! And I love Mexico too...we'll have to check the website out.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful pics! And everyone is right -- you definitely have the glow. Enjoy it!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home