Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where have I been?

Well, I have been pretty busy this month. I worked a ton in the beginning of this month, so I could go to Chattanooga for a week. My Mom had hip replacement, and I know you are thinking she seems way too young to need such a surgery. A couple of years ago, her knees and hips started bothering her, and she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. Hip dysplasia is essentially a congenital defect causing shallow hip joints. My Mom is not one to complain- I have really never seen her sick. I mean the woman had all three of us naturally! She is pretty tough, so it was very hard seeing her limp and in pain.

The day of her surgery was brutal to say the least! She was in horrendous pain, and we were helpess. They still made her get out of the bed and stand with a walker. It did get better each day, but there is no rest for the weary in the hospital with all night bed checks. She had to walk down the hall every hour, which the first day she dreaded. Mom was the hottest lady on the floor, because even in pain she wanted her makeup and hair fixed. She is a true southern lady...


One of her many hall walks...
After 2 1/2 days, we took her home! It seemed really soon to me, but I know we were all ready to get her home. She is doing wonderful, but I'm sure she is at home right now doing things she isn't supposed to (wearing slip-ons?).
Enjoying a sunny afternoon...
A walk with her constant companion, Bigsby...
In the meantime in Memphis, Justin is finding ways to occupy his time.
In a very heated soccer game, he took an elbow to the face. This incident landed him in the ER. After a CT scan, it was found that he had multiple fractures in his orbital bone, maxillary sinus, and zygomatic arch- essentially the doctor said he had a "broken face." Luckily, our wonderful friends, Ed and Katie, took really good care of him that weekend. I was emotionally torn because I wanted to be in two places at once. Even in pain, Justin wanted me to stay in Chattanooga to be with Mom.
Justin did want me to make it clear that he did score, so the "broken face" wasn't in vain...

8 Comments:

Blogger The Hadfields said...

Gosh Casey! No wonder you've been MIA! I'm so glad your mom is doing well. And poor Justin, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having a broken face as a result to an elbow to the face! I hope you are feeling well!

6:16 AM  
Blogger angie c said...

I'm in pain just reading all this...
k

10:59 AM  
Blogger Amanda's News said...

Wow, you had a lot going on! I hope your mom is recovering well. As for Justin's face...Ooouuuuch!!! Will it take long for his face to heal? Also we need an updated pregnancy picture. I would say that I would just see you at church, but I haven't seen you in forever. And who knows how much longer I will be around:)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

what a rough few weeks! i'm so sorry to hear about all that, and i'm glad your family is on the mend.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Mitzi said...

Wow! I pray that your family is doing much better.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Your mom is so cute! I am glad everything went well and she is recovering. That is a big surgery. Poor Justin, what in the world? Will he have to have something done? I have not called you back yet, I am so sorry. It has been crazy around here. I know I have to come up soon! I will call you tomorrow.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Casey,

I'm so sorry about all of this. I am glad you were able to be there for your mom. Is Justin's face healing OK?

I hope you are feeling better and yes, we all want belly picture updates! :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Katie Land said...

That was such a sweet shout out to your mom and justin. Your mom is so cute and she is really a trooper. Love ya!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home