Monday, February 19, 2007

Grumpy Old Man




Not quite yet...
This month Justin celebrated (well, acknowledged) his 29th birthday! This year is proving to be a year of major change for us. In a way, we are saying goodbye to our twenties along with certain freedoms we've very much enjoyed. I know we are ready for it though!
Anyway,
This is Justin's first year being an assistant principal at Bartlett Elementary. One of the teachers in second grade took a poll asking the kids to guess the age of "Mr. Robertson".

Well, these were the results…
Austin - 47
Sarah - 40
Samira - 45
Justin - 28
Emma - 46
Micah - 36
Kennedy - 39
Tony - 47
Matt - 50
Antwon - 70 (Oh come on, Antwon)
Hayden - 53
Jarrett - 52
Stephanie - 36
Saleem - 25
Chris - 28
Joshua - 38
Andrea - 28
Ray - 56
Hmmmm. The average age is: (drum roll.....) 42

Kids say the darndest(sp?) things. All jokes aside, I hope Justin knows how much he is loved! He is going to kill me when he sees this post. But I don't care! I think everyone should know how wonderful he is. Any man that can put up with me, is a good man. I worked all weekend, and he brought me breakfast and lunch. If that wasn't enough- I came home to a clean and organized house. Can it get much better? To paraphrase my favorite line from As Good as it Gets- He makes me want to be a better woman! So thank you, ya' old man! I love you more everyday!

11 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Caseyyyyy that is so sweet! Justin is a lucky man to have you too! I didn't realize it was an elementary school that he was assistant principal, great practice for being a daddy! I tried calling you back tonight, call me!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats to you guys! Just read the post about the baby on the way. I've been checking out all the blogs linked to Carrie and Carrie's friends' links...

we're in and out of town so much...are you guys still @ Highland?

stacey meredith

9:38 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Casey, what a funny post. I am sure Justin didn't like it, but it did make me laugh. Kids do say the darndest things. I remeber when I taught and we were able to wear tennis shoes/jeans to school one day, and one little girl gasped when she saw me and said, "I didn't know you owned tennis shoes!!!"

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny!! We'll be having a similar year . . we both turn 30 this year, shortly after the baby is born. Our 20's were so great, and definitely full of many soon to be gone freedoms, but I know our 30's will be great in a whole new way! We are definitely finding out the sex and dying to know immediately!! Based on absolutely no facts, we feel like it's a girl, so I'm sure it will be a boy. Enjoy your sonogram - it will be great and you will feel so much better after seeing the little bugger! Let us know how it goes.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Katie Land said...

Crober-
That is your best post ever. That was so sweet!! I also love the ages those kids think Justin is...Little Antwon is out of his mind!! Great job...If only I could still have a blog ...

MEXICO!!!!!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I didn't know you could be so sweet, Casey! I love that kids are so clueless. Happy Birthday Justin! I loved the picture!

12:53 PM  
Blogger angie c said...

Happy birthday Justin! Those numbers are hilarious. :)

Can't wait to see y'all Saturday.
ang

3:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Congrats Casey! It's Carrie (Smith) from college. I'm blogging too, so you can stop by every once in a while to check out what we're up to. Good to see you online! Good to see life is treating you well.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jesse Faris said...

Ok, you inspired me to check your blog after I saw you tonight! HILARIOUS post. Happy Birthday to the Old Man!

(Do you love "As Good As It Gets?" It is one of my favorite movies ever!)

Had fun seeing you guys tonight. You are just so much fun...I think I might hire you and Katie to entertain me on a boring day.

(Oh, sorry I said your name Katie. Hope no one googles your name and sees this now that you're all incognito and everything.)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jesse Faris said...

PS: That picture should be enlarged and framed.

(Sorry for the double post...but at least I bumped ypu up to the double digits!)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you too, Justin. Can you come organize my house? Pretty please???

Lareau

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home